Not only are Scubapro regulators recognized for their durability and performance, but they also lead the way in innovation and comfort. A combination of precision engineering and high-quality materials ensures that each breath underwater is effortless and reliable. Whether it's the simple yet robust design of the MK2+ that captures the preference of dive schools or the more advanced MK17 for those seeking extra resilience, there is a Scubapro regulator for every level. Divers looking for the pinnacle of regulator technology need look no further than the MK25 series, where the option of Carbon or Titanium represents the utmost in lightweight strength and corrosion resistance, setting a new standard for dive equipment performance.
A bit of Scubapro history...
In the early 1960s, Gustav Dalla Valle, an importer of Cressi and Beuchat, along with Dick Bonin, a US Navy SEAL officer, acquired the rights to the name Scubapro for the nominal sum of 1 US dollar—a price Gustav humorously claimed was an overpayment! Since its inception, Scubapro has been likened to the Rolls Royce of scuba diving, heavily investing in Research and Design more than any other company in the field. Their commitment to excellence led them to hire the finest engineers, many of whom were also diving instructors. These professionals conducted rigorous testing on potential products, ensuring unparalleled performance and durability before they ever reached the consumer market.
Scubapro's extensive line-up of regulators caters to divers of all experiences and budgets, and selecting the perfect fit can seem daunting at first. However, understanding the levels of scuba diving regulators helps demystify the options:
- Entry-level Scubapro regulators are designed for new divers or those who only plan to dive occasionally. These regulators prioritize reliability and ease of use with simple designs and are generally more affordable. The MK2+ series exemplifies this with its uncomplicated yet sturdy build that can withstand warm and temperate water dives.
- Mid-range Scubapro regulators strike a balance between cost and advanced features. They incorporate better materials and technology enhancements for more frequent divers who need equipment that can handle diverse conditions. They often feature better breathing comfort and adjustments, such as the MK11 and MK17 series.
- High-end Scubapro regulators are intended for the serious diver who demands the best in terms of performance, materials, and technology. This includes additional features such as the ability to handle extreme temperatures and dive depths. The MK19 Evo and MK25 Evo series represent the zenith in this category, offering unparalleled performance with options constructed from exotic materials like Carbon and Titanium for the lightest and most corrosion-resistant experience.
Scubapro Mk2 Dive System- First choice for Tropics and Dive Schools
The Scubapro Mk2 stands as a testament to practicality and reliability, earning the reputation as one of the workhorses among tropical diving enthusiasts and a favourite in dive schools around the world. Its ease of service, straightforward operation, and formidable reliability make it a prized piece of scuba gear, especially for seasonal tropical divers. With a price point under £300, the Mk2 strikes an appealing balance between performance and affordability, ticking all the right boxes for budget-conscious yet quality-driven divers.
The air-balanced valve is a pivotal feature in the Scubapro regulator line-up. This system smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures, maintaining a consistent ease of breathing throughout the dive. By reducing the inhalation resistance, divers can enjoy longer, more comfortable dives with less fatigue. This technology highlights Scubapro's dedication to delivering high-performance gear that adapts to the diver's needs in changing underwater environments.
What we like about Scubapro MK2 Regulators:
- Classic downstream piston design features a chrome-plated marine-grade brass body
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold
- Simple built, super easy to service
- Price under £300
- A popular choice for stage and deco cylinders.
Scubapro Mk11 Dive System - Lightweight Travel Companion
The MK11 Evo regulator system stands out as an excellent selection for divers who are often on the move. The MK11's balanced diaphragm is housed in a compact and lightweight chrome-plated brass body, making it substantially easier to transport and a perfect travel companion for adventure-seeking divers. Its conscientiously designed internal mechanism is sealed off from environmental factors, making the regulator a more cold-resisting option for a travelling diver.
Continuing to differentiate itself in a competitive market, Scubapro enhances dive regulators by incorporating practical features to cater to various preferences. A notable example is the inclusion of two high-pressure ports in the first regulator in the Scubapro line-up, allowing divers the convenience of connecting both a transmitter for air integration and a backup analogue gauge. This not only promotes redundancy but also ensures a variety of configurations to suit individual dive setups and preferences.
What we like about Scubapro MK11 Regulator:
- Compact, lightweight, and highly suitable for a travelling diver
- Sealed internal parts to prevent water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism while enhancing cold-water performance.
- Two high-pressure, two low-pressure and two high-flow LP ports maximize hose routing options.
Scubapro MK17 Evo - Great All-Rounder
The first regulator that looks sleek in the double configuration on a twinset, IMHO. The Scubapro MK17 Evo is engineered to adapt to the most extreme diving conditions with its entirely sealed system, safeguarding internal components from the corrosive effects of saltwater, sediment, and cold temperatures. Its compactness does not come at the expense of performance; in fact, the MK17 Evo offers even superior breathing comfort when compared to previous models. Innovations in internal structure have enabled an increase in airflow through the low-pressure (LP) ports, now strategically positioned to facilitate optimal hose organization. These enhancements ensure that divers can rely on the MK17 Evo for exceptional and smooth air delivery, no matter the underwater environment.:-)
What we like about Scubapro MK17 Evo Regulator:
- An environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism
- A dry ambient pressure chamber increases freezing resistance, ensuring consistent airflow in the coldest conditions
- Max Airflow at 200bar: 6900 l/min
Scubapro MK19 Evo - for Cave and Wreck Diving
Explorers and divers who face the challenges of cold waters or less-than-clear environments will find the Scubapro MK19 EVO regulator system to be the indispensable tool of choice. Divers don't need to traverse adverse conditions to appreciate the robustness of this setup, but cave divers and technical divers with a passion for penetrating the unseen corners beneath the waves will surely revel in its capabilities. The compact yet formidable MK19 EVO comes with a fully sealed exterior, ensuring that no matter the intensity of cold or the amount of silt, the internal components of the regulator remain clean, working smoothly at all times.
What we like about Scubapro MK19 Evo Regulator:
- The dry chamber is equipped with a double spring, making it more compact and reliable
- An environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism and is extremely resistant to freezing
- LP port swivel turret to maximize hose routing options
- Options in Black Tech coating look amazing
Scubapro MK25 Evo - Ace of All Trades
A flagship in the Scubapro Dive System Range is the last regulator you will ever need. From warm to cold waters and anything in between, it is one versatile tool with fantastic airflow and low breathing resistance. The Scubapro MK25 EVO stands as Scubapro's thoroughbred racehorse, an epitome of years of precision development and high-performance design. With enhancements that include new anti-freeze coatings and specialized components, its cold-water performance and reliability are unmatched. Designed for the diver who demands the best in terms of airflow and minimal breathing resistance, the MK25 EVO showcases its prowess with two high-pressure ports on either side of the main body and five high-flow low-pressure ports on a swivelling turret. This ensures maximum flexibility and comfort in hose routing, solidifying its status as a regulator that meets the rigorous demands of experienced and technical divers alike.
What we like about Scubapro MK25 Evo Regulator:
- Patented XTIS (Extended thermal Insulating system) thermally insulates the inner mechanism from the environment
- Pressure ports on a swivel turret maximize hose routing options
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures
- Available in black tech coating and full titanium specification
The Scubapro regulators provide a comprehensive range to match various diving needs, preferences, and budgets. The Scubapro MK2 is an excellent entry-level regulator, ideal for divers frequenting tropical waters. For those on the go, the Scubapro MK11 presents an impressive blend of compactness and performance, while the MK17 is a formidable choice for divers venturing into temperate and colder regions. At the higher end of the spectrum, the Scubapro MK19 and MK25 cater to the demands of serious and deep divers who require exceptional performance and reliability even under the most challenging conditions.