- Size Guide
- Delivery & Returns
The Dive Rite TransPac XT Harness is one of Dive Rite's signature products and we can certainly see why! Comfort and durability go hand in hand in this rugged design, that is as comfortable in water as it is out.
The secret to it's unsurpassed comfort is in utilising mountaineer backpack design and technology with integrated hip pads, molded foam lumbar pad and ergonomic shoulder pads. Certainly sounds comfortable and looks the part too!
Adopting these features means that the weight of the single or double cylinders is balanced across the back and hips evenly.
The Transpac XT Features four shoulder d-ring (2 in size Xs and S) to provide many options for attaching side slung bottles of dive essentials. A chest strap ensure the shoulder straps remain in position. The waist strap is made using dual density foam for great comfort and load transference, the waist belt is secured via a stainless steel buckle.
The Transpac XT is neutrally buoyant, weighs less than 5lbs (2.29kg), and packs flat for travel. It is designed for use with any XT or EXP wing in the Dive Rite line.
- Soft backplate constructed of 1000 denier ballistic nylon for maximum tear and abrasion resistance
- Marine grade stainless sideplates provide custom fit and performance depending on placement at waist
- Shoulder straps feature pivot rings at chest level for load distribution and acetyl resin quick release buckles for easy doff and don. Four 2-inch D-rings on each shoulder strap on sizes L-XXL. Sizes XS-M have one 2-inch D-ring per shoulder strap due to space limitations.
- Two-inch (50 mm) nylon webbing rated at 7,000 pounds breaking strength forms the shoulder and waist straps.
- Dual, 36-inch cam straps with lightweight marine stainless buckles
- Grommet mounting holes slide over bolt kit when diving doubles. Stability plates should also be used when diving doubles to protect harness and provide maximum security.
- Weight XS:4 lbs 4 oz (1.92kg), Sm:4 lbs 4 oz (1.95kg), Med:4 lbs 8 oz (2.054kg), Lg:4 lbs 12 oz (2.15kg), XL:4 lbs 14 oz (2.20kg), XXL:4.93lb (2.23kg)
The Dive Rite TransPac XT harness is available in a wide range of sizes. While weight and height are a good starting point for determining your size, a perfect fit requires additional information. Please carefully take the actual measurements explained below to make sure you select exactly the right size.
- Shoulder to Waist Length -- To ensure proper shoulder strap length, measure from a point at the top of the shoulder to a point immediately below the waist, as shown in the accompanying diagram. Be sure to allow for exposure suit thickness.
- Torso Length -- The Standard lumbar backpad and soft backplate is the size that most often fits average build men with back-of-neck measurements greater than 17 inches. XS/Small size TransPac XT harnesses come with Short lumbar backpads and soft backplates that are 2-inches shorter than those of larger TransPac harnesses. This is the preferred size for any diver whose back-of-neck to waist measurement is less than 17 inches (a range that includes most women). Dive Rite also offers Tall versions of the XL and XXL TransPac harnesses with Long lumber backpads and soft backplates that are 2-inches longer than the standard size. The Tall versions are for divers who are over 6 feet in height.
- Waist -- TransPac XT harnesses come with a padded cummerbund whose length is adjustable across size range that is in proportion to the length of the shoulder strap. The top edge of correctly positioned cummerbund will just cover the navel, not rest on the hips.
|Size||Shoulder to Waist||Torso||Waist||Weight||Height|
|X Small||13 - 16 inches||Short||24 - 34 inches||<90 lbs||<5 feet|
|Small||14 - 17.5 inches||Short||24 - 34 inches||90 to 110 lbs||<5 feet|
|Medium||15 - 18 inches||Standard||24 - 34 inches||110 to 150 lbs||5 to 6 feet|
|Large||17 - 22 inches||Standard||32 - 42 inches||150 to 200 lbs||5 to 6 feet|
|X Large||18.5 - 23.5 inches||Standard||32 - 42 inches||180 to 220 lbs||5 to 6 feet|
|XX Large||22.5+ inches||Standard||42+ inches||220+ lbs||5 to 6 feet|
|XL/Tall||24+ inches||Long||42+ inches||>250 lbs||> 6 feet|
|XXL/Tall||24+ inches||Long||42+ inches||>250 lbs||> 6 feet|
Dive Rite has updated their TransPac XT to offer improved sizing and adjustability. The new version TransPac XT has a new part number (T3000 series) and a new sizing chart. Each size has an adjustment range so you may tighten or loosen the shoulder straps and cummerbund as needed to provide a perfect fit. Dive Rite has also introduced Tall versions.
- XS is suitable for very small women and most children. (<90 lbs, <5 ft)
- Small is suitable for small women and larger children.
- Medium is suitable for average sized women, or shorter men.
- Large is suitable for average sized men.
- XL is suitable for larger divers or those with a muscular build.
- XXL is suitable for divers over 220 lbs.
- Tall versions are suitable for divers over 6 feet in height.
As a starting point for most people, consider what size t-shirt you normally wear. If you wear a mens Large T-shirt, then a Large TransPac XT is probably the best fit. If you wear a mens XL T-shirt, then choose an XL TransPac XT; and so on.
Click here to buy a Dive Rite Transpac XT Harness
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £30.
Standard UK delivery and Next Business Day UK delivery rates are calculated at checkout and offers a number of courier options for maximum convenience to you.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we 'special order' them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.