There is no better feeling than owning your dive equipment. Don't get me wrong - rental equipment is OK and will do the job, but the difference becomes apparent once you purchase and use your gear for the first time. When people come to our Showroom to purchase their new shiny regulator, we advise buying the best scuba regulator you can afford for your type of diving. Here we combined the best, most popular dive regulators of 2022.
Best All-Round Dive Regulator of 2022
The Scubapro Mk25 Evo with S620Ti Second Stage and R0195 Octopus is, by far, one of the most popular regulator sets in our store. The first stage is high performing—cold water regulator with excellent anti-freeze protection and great breathing sensitivity in all water conditions at any depth. One of the most characteristic features is the blue spring insulating coating and anti-freeze cap. The swivel turret on Mk25 will allow you to route LP hoses the way you like it. The Scubapro S620Ti uses a large diaphragm known from its predecessor, the Scubapro S600 and offers great breathing sensitivity. In all honesty, it is lightweight compared to other cold-water regulators, which is why it is the most versatile regulator set in our Showroom. You can take it for your tropical adventure, to the Med or your cold water diving in the North Atlantic - a very versatile regulator set!
The Scuba Mk25 Evo with S620Ti Second Stage:
- Air-balanced flow-through piston
- Patented XTIS (Extended thermal Insulating system) thermally insulates the inner mechanism from the environment, improving cold-water resistance by 30%
- Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- Spring insulating coating, body insulating bushing, and anti-freeze cap improve cold-water performance.
- Air-balanced valve smooths out the inhalation effort at varying depths and supply pressures.
- Rugged reinforced technopolymer case, and the front cover can withstand years of aggressive diving.
- The titanium barrel is rugged, anti-corrosion and lightweight for long-term reliability.
Best Travel Regulator of 2022
Apeks made another grand entry with the latest eco-friendly rig called XL4 Ocea. Based on a well-known and super reliable DST first stage. Its first stage is super compact and lightweight and inherits all the best that Apeks could pack in this expedition-tested first stage. The Apeks XL4 Ocea is an exceptional regulator; looking into the future, Apeks decided to make a more eco-friendly regulator - Ocea is made from recycled plastic waste, manufactured in a solar power facility, and contains lead-free brass. It is claimed that each regulator takes approximately 5kg of upstream plastic waste that would otherwise end up in the sea.
The second stage, made out of technopolymers, is very compact. The whole set packs really nicely in your hand baggage, taking up relatively small space - one of the best travel-friendly, compact, cold water-rated regulator sets.
Apeks XL4 Ocea Set Features:
- The first stage is based on well know DS4 first stage.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – This results in superior performance at depth.
- With 2 HP ports and 4MP ports for excellent customisation and hose routing.
- The compact and lightweight second stage
- High-performance pneumatically balanced lever-operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded, self-flushingS and controllable purge button.
Best Warm Water Dive Regulator of 2022
This Scubapro regulator set includes the new MK11 C370 Evo Regulator paired with a R095 Octopus for a compact and lightweight regulator system that is ideal for travel diving. It may not be the first choice for cold water diving, but if your diving is mostly in warmer climates and you do not want to spend over £500, this package may be right for you.
Scubapro Mk11 C370 R95 Set features:
- Air-balanced diaphragm design
- Marine grade brass body with sealed internal parts
- Two high-pressure, two low pressure and two high-flow LP ports
- External intermediate pressure adjustment
- Air-balanced valve
- Compact, rugged fibreglass reinforced nylon casing and new exhaust tee
- Stainless steel frame on the front cover
- The exhaust tee is based on the S620 Ti's design and contributes to better work breathing
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA)
Best Mid Range Dive Regulator of 2022
Similar to the previous Regulator Set, only with an upgraded Scubapro Mk17 Evo first stage. The first stage's cold water resistance is good enough to dive in temperate and cold waters, but the set is also light enough to consider this a great travelling regulator. The Scubapro MK17 EVO C370, with its wholly sealed-off first stage, is also an excellent all-around regulator for recreational diving at around £500 range.
Scubapro MK17 EVO C370, R195 features:
- Air balanced diaphragm delivers constant and effortless airflow
- An environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism
- A dry ambient pressure chamber increases freezing resistance.
- The new C370 brings forth the best features of its predecessor, the C350, while adding a balanced valve to its design.
Best Technical Diving Regulator of 2022
The Best Technical Diving Regulator is the environment where titanium, carbon fibre or both. High performance and reliability are the names of the game; it is an excellent value technical diving rig that we like. Not as expensive as Mk25 Evo, but still a great performer at any depth, the Scubapro Mk19 EVO BT/G260 Carbon BT regulator system is what we use on our twinsets :-)
The Scubapro MK19 EVO G260 is the latest regulator to get the black tech and carbon treatment. This high specification, high performance, tough and rugged regulator is now even tougher thanks to the Black Tech DLC (Diamond-Like Coating) and carbon fibre front cover.
Scubapro Mk19 EVO BT/G260 Carbon BT regulator system:
- Designed to be the ultimate first stage for cold water or contaminated diving conditions.
- Durable Black Tech DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating protects against the ravages of salt water, corrosion, and minor scratches.
- Air-balanced diaphragm delivers constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- The environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism and is extremely resistant to freezing.
Best Cold Water Diving Regulator of 2022
The first stage of the Mares Atlas ADJ 62X TBP dive regulator is entirely made out of metal - metal parts act as a heat sink absorbing temperature from the environment - and, together with various supreme airflow-aiding patents, is aspiring to be one of the best first-stage really cold water diving regulators on the market today.
Mares Atlas ADJ 62X TBP features:
- A T.B.P. system for improved performance during cold water dives
- A DFC LP port for high airflow at any depth
- A.S.T. technology to prevent water entry
- Pre-oriented LP and HP ports
- A compact diaphragm first stage
- A pearl chrome finish
- Material: All Metal Technology
- All Metal Technology
- A V.A.D. system for natural breathing at any depth
- Adjustable breathing comfort to meet the diver's needs
- P.A.D. - Pneumatically Assisted Design; the second stage valve is designed and manufactured for pneumatic operation, minimising the spring load and, consequently, inhalation effort
Get In Touch with Us
If you have any questions about your new regulator, tips and advice, please email us at email@example.com where we have a team of diving professionals here to assist you in making the right decision on your first regulator equipment options.
Or if you live locally or in the surrounding areas of London, pop in and come visit us in-store where you can try on a wide range of freediving accessories for yourself and get a feel of which styles you like best.