- Delivery & Returns
The Apeks MTX-R Stage 3 Regulator Set combines the extreme cold water MTX-R regulator and MTX-R octopus into a ready to dive set. The MTX-R regulators were designed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test for unbelievable performance and reliability.
The first stage body of the MTX-R is forged for the best thermal performance and then has been covered with heat exchanging fins to increase the surface area and further improve the cold water performance and help prevent ice formation. The first stage uses an over-balanced diaphragm design for consistent performance throughout the diver and has been environmentally sealed to protect the internal components from the effects of the extreme cold at depth and also prevent contamination.
There are four low pressure ports on a parallel port turret with a fifth high flow port under a protective cap. A high pressure port can be found on either side of the main body and are pre-angled for optimal hose routing.
The MTX-R second stage has a large heat exchanger around the hose inlet to dissipate the extreme cold temperatures generated in the pneumatically balanced metal valve as the compressed air depressurises into the housing. Unusually, the second stage has no diver adjustable options and instead has been modified and adjusted to minimise the risk of a second stage free flow. The second stage is tough and robustly made with a wide exhaust deflector and fitted with the typical Apeks regulator mouthpiece for excellent comfort and hygienic properties.
The octopus delivers the same performance and cold water reliability as the second stage but is finished with a high visibility yellow hose, front cover and trim.
With an innovative first stage design that helps to prevent ice build up around the diaphragm, the MTX-R is reliable, rugged and expedition ready.
VIDEO CONSULTATIONS NOW AVAILABLE: We're bringing our highly experienced and knowledgeable staff to you with live-streaming consultations. If you need help choosing the right bit of kit or the best size before buying or even advice on whether a purchased item is the right fit for you then book yourself a consultation appointment.
- A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
- Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting.
- Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation.
- Superb protection from impact damage on both the 1st and 2nd stage.
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is from £3.50 for orders under £50 and sent using Royal Mail untracked First Class delivery. Order by 2pm on a working weekday, and we will aim to dispatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is from £6.50.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we special order them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.