- Delivery & Returns
The Apeks MTX-RC Regulator takes the original MTX-R and adds the comfort and practicality of diver inhalation and venturi controls to the second stage and finishes the whole regulator in a new stylish satin grey colour. It combines rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for.
The MTX-RC first stage uses a forged body for optimal thermal performance and features heat exchanging fins on almost every part to increase the surface area as much as possible to further improve the cold water performance and help prevent ice formation. The internal components are of course environmentally sealed to prevent water coming into contact with critical parts and also minimising the risk of contamination.
There are four low pressure ports on a parallel port turret with a fifth high flow port under a protective cap. A high pressure port can be found on either side of the main body and are pre-angled for optimal hose routing.
Whereas the MTX-R second stage was factory tuned to meet stringent military requirements and specifications the MTX-RC has been modified to allow the diver to adjust the inhalation effort and venturi effects themselves, fine-tuning the performance of the valve to suit their own needs and diving. Much of the design is the same as the MTX-R.
The MTX-RC second stage has a large heat exchanger around the hose inlet to dissipate the extreme cold temperatures generated in the pneumatically balanced metal valve as the compressed air depressurises into the housing. The second stage is tough and robustly made with a wide exhaust deflector and fitted with the typical Apeks regulator mouthpiece for excellent comfort and hygienic properties.
The regulator comes with a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. It also happens to be good fit for many laptops!
The regulators are designed to be used with the matching Apeks MTX-RC Octopus.
VIDEO CONSULTATIONS NOW AVAILABLE: We're bringing our highly experienced and knowledgeable staff to you with live-streaming consultations. If you need help choosing the right bit of kit or the best size before buying or even advice on whether a purchased item is the right fit for you then book yourself a consultation appointment.
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300bar, 232bar and M26 300bar (O2) respectively.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection.
- Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right-hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
- No single-use plastic in the packaging
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50. We are also offering extended returns until Jan the 31st just in case that Xmas present isn't quite right :)
Standard UK delivery and Next Business Day UK delivery rates are calculated at checkout and offers a number of courier options for maximum convenience to you.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method.
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we 'special order' them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.
Stock that shows as 'In Stock' in either location can be shipped for a next day service. If the item is only showing as available 'In Suppliers Warehouse' will only be able to be shipped on a 2-3 days service.
If you would like to collect your items from our Chiswick Store and save yourself the postage costs please simply choose 'Pick up location' at checkout