The Atomic M1 Regulator uses a mix of convention and exotic metals and coatings to create a high performance regulator that is based on the Z3 and T3 design but can be used with oxygen mixes of up to 80% straight out of the box.
The first stage uses chrome plated marine brass for the body but uses Monel for key internal components. Monel is an alloy comprised mostly of nickel and copper that is corrosion and acid resistant. Certain versions of the alloy can actually withstand a fire in pure oxygen, hence the high oxygen tolerance straight out of the box. Monel is also extremely good in subzero temperatures with excellent mechanical properties.
The first stage uses a flow-through high performance balanced piston design for outstanding performance and gas flows. Five low pressure ports are situated on a swivelling turret for optimal hose routing with one of the ports sat on the end of the turret for direct flow out of the first stage and prime hose positioning for twinsets and technical diving. Two high pressure ports provide space for an analogue gauge as well as a wireless transmitter for a dive computer if required.
The M1 second stage uses a mix of zirconium plate brass and titanium in the valve barrel and parts for improved cold water performance. The valve is pneumatically balanced for a smoother breathe regardless of depth or cylinder pressure and features a seat saving oriface that retracts when the regulators are depressurised which helps to extend the service period to two years or 300 dives.
The second stage is fitted with a special front cover that prevents strong currents or surges of water from causing a freeflow, a diver adjustable inhalation control knob for a customised breathe and an automatically adjusting venturi flow vane that helps to further minimise the risk of an unexpected freeflow.
- Factory ready for Nitrox to 50% or oxygen mixes to 80% when special guidelines are followed
- First stage materials are chrome plated Brass for the body and Monel for key internal components
- Atomic Jet Seat high-flow piston first stage
- Freeze protected factory-sealed first stage also prevents contamination such as silt and sand
- First stage ports: 2 HP fixed / 5 LP on swivel cap
- Designed for cold water diving featuring thermal heat sink and improved super-dry exhaust valve
- Second stage components are made of precision machined Brass with Zirconium plating and Titanium
- Patented Atomic Seat Saving Orifice
- Patented Atomic Automatic Flow Control (AFC)
- A new high-flow second stage case lowers breathing effort at any depth from shallow water to beyond the limits
- Rapid adjustment knob for manual second stage de-tuning in special situations
- Surge protected second stage front cover for high current scenarios
- Super-wide exhaust deflector to disperse bubbles for enhanced visibility
- Dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear-resistant bite tabs
- 2 year/300 dive service interval
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – not contingent on proof of service