The Apeks XL4 Ocea represent a new, more environmentally friendly approach to dive equipment manufacturing. The new XL4 Ocea Regulator Set is produced from recycled materials and a new type of bio-plastics in a factory powered by solar! Apeks, as a first dive equipment manufacturer, achieves the most eco-sensitive regulator in the world. According to Apeks, the new XL4 Ocea contributes to the removal from the environment of about five times their new regulator's weight in plastic - it's the first of its kind regulator that you can genuinely feel good about buying! Mike's Dive Store has always been promoting brands that reduce their environmental impact, and Apeks and Aqualung recent shift to more environmentally friendly products is definitely move to the right direction!
Apeks XL4 Ocea DS4 platform first stage
The Apeks XL4 Ocea regulator's first stage is a well-known, tried and tested DS4 platform. Truthfully, DS4 is one of the most popular first stages, and it is used by many divers across all diving disciplines, from recreational divers to cave divers and technical divers. Exceptionally well engineered with an over-balanced diaphragm in a compact, neat 1st stage suitable for warm and cold water diving. The XL4 Ocea features two high-pressure and four medium-pressure ports, so very convenient setup for running a standard SPG with air integration for recreational, technical or sidemount diving.
We always thought DS4 was a great-looking, compact first stage, but now, with its ocean inspired engravings and two dedicated colour patterns,the Apeks Ocea XL4 looks very attractive.
Apeks XL4 Ocea First Stage Features:
- The first stage is based on well know DS4 first stage
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – This results in superior performance at depth.
- With 2 HP ports and 4MP ports for excellent customisation and hose routing.
Apeks XL4 Ocea Primary Regulator and Octopus
The Apeks XL4 Ocea primary regulator and octopus feature a high-performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve delivering breathing gas smoothly at any given depth. This regulator is one of the most compact and lightweight primaries on the market, which reduces jaw fatigue over longer dives.
Apeks XL4 Ocea Second Stage Features:
- The compact and lightweight second stage
- High-performance pneumatically balanced lever-operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- The ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Jaw tension reducing comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Excellent bubble diversion thanks to a durable and flexible rubber exhaust tees
Apeks XL4 Ocea review verdict
The new Apeks XL4 Ocea is not only a looker but great performer suitable for anything from warm water holiday diving to temperate and cold water diving. This XL4 Ocea Regulator Set is perfect for anybody looking for a lightweight regulator for multiple applications.
Get In Touch with Us
If you have any questions about your new regulator, tips and advice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we have a team of diving professionals here to assist you in making the right decision on freediving equipment options.
Or if you live locally or in the surrounding areas of London, pop in and come visit us in-store where you can try on a wide range of freediving accessories for yourself and get a feel of which styles you like best.