The Boot Show 2023 in Dusseldorf, Germany, is seeing the release of the latest Mares watch-type dive computer called Sirius. Named after the brightest star in the sky (the Greek word Sirius meaning glowing ), the new Mares Sirius Watch-style dive computer features a very bright MIP colour and a high-resolution display. The screen and a contemporary-looking, elegant casing sets a new chapter in the company's history.
The latest Mares Sirius Dive Computer joins the noble place amongst other colour screen watch-style dive computers such as the Shearwater Teric, Garmin Descent Mk2 and Suunto D-5 Dive Computers. The Mares Sirius Dive Computer is suitable for recreational, extended-range and technical trimix open circuit diving but does not feature closed circuit rebreather support.
What is extended-range diving? Extended-range diving is usually beyond no-decompression limits with the use of multiple gas mixes, including high 02 content nitrox mixtures for accelerated decompression - it is usually the next step for a diver looking to take his skills and adventure beyond recreational diving limits.
Mares Sirius - Dive Modes
The new Mares Sirius Dive Computer runs with Buhlmann ZH-L16C Algorithm and is boosted with Gradient Factors adjustments and Predictive Multigas setting. The Mares Sirius is loaded with Bottom Timer, Air, Nitrox and Trimix Modes for the main functions and a selection of up to 5 open circuit gas mixtures. This contemporary watch-style dive computer features a super helpful full-tilt digital compass with bearing memory and a stopwatch making this watch a handy tool for underwater navigation and no need for an additional analogue wrist compass.
Mares Sirius - Rechargeable Power Unit
The Mares Sirius Dive Watch is powered by a rechargeable 200mAh battery which should provide enough power for 15-30 hours of dive time - depending on power and wireless integration settings. The battery has a lifetime of up to 500 cycles. Each Mares Sirius comes with a wireless touch charging station for quick, trouble-free charging.
Mares Sirius - Connectivity
The Mares Sirius Dive Watch features a complete wireless tank data integration, allowing connection with up to five Mares LED Tank Modules 2.0. The gas mix management offers at-a-glance readability with colour-coded tank pressure, which is a handy function when using multiple decompression gas mixes. The Mares Sirous Dive Watch needs no interface cables as it connects to your Mac, PC or Mobile via Bluetooth.
Features of Mares Sirius Dive Computer:
- ZH-L16C algorithm with gradient factors and predictive multigas
- Nitrox and trimix capable, up to 5 gases
- MIP colour, high-resolution display
- Full-tilt digital compass with bearing memory and stopwatch
- Hoseless tank data integration for up to five transmitters
- Colour-coded tank pressure for at-a-glance readability
- Bottom timer mode with resettable average depth and stopwatch
- Decompression dive planner with additional surface interval function
- 100 dive logbook with multiple graphs
- Tissue saturation and dive profile graph
- Intelligent battery management system with 30 hours of dive time per full charge (without the use of the transmitter)
- Bluetooth connection for direct connection to a smartphone
- The underwater menu allows specific settings to be changed during the dive
- Future deco and runaway deco alarm
- Three watch faces plus colour options
- Changeable strap for use with any wetsuit thickness
- Wireless charging base