The new Suunto D5 is designed to be so clear and easy-to-use that you can just enjoy and focus on exploring the wonderful underwater world. Play with style by changing the strap to match your looks. After diving, connect wirelessly to the Suunto App to re-live and share your adventures with friends.
The D5 was launched at DEMA but it is not expected to be available to buy until the middle of the first quarter 2019. The price has also yet to be released so watch this space for more details.
Easy-to-use user interface with clear colour screen.
The Suunto D5 colour screen displays everything you need to know on a dive. Depth and time are prominent with a switchable window at the bottom where the user can scroll through their NDL, tank pressure, compass heading and timer, these are also displayed around the face in a graphical form.
Scroll through the switchable window using the lower pusher, and change the view using the middle pusher.
The intuitive 3-button menu logic, known from Suunto’s EON Steel and Core makes using the Suunto D5 effortless underwater.
The colour screen is a MIP display with adjustable LED back-light.
Wireless transfer of dive logs to the new Suunto App
After the dive you can transfer your dives to the Suunto App over the wireless Bluetooth connection with a mobile device. You can then re-live and share your adventures with friends.
The Suunto D5 is also compatible with the Suunto Tank POD. You can connect wirelessly with up to 3 Suunto Tank PODs to display tank and gas information during the dive.
Play with style by changing the strap
The new quick release mechanism allows you to quickly change your strap to match your style. With a variety of diving and outdoor straps to choose from, you can easily have your Suunto D5 match your style in and out of the water.
Suunto D5 Key Benefits:
- Ease of use and customisable looks.
- Clear colour screen.
- Connect wirelessly to the Suunto App to re-live your dives, add photos and share your adventures with friends.
- Change the strap easily to match your diving gear or casual style.
Suunto D5 Key Features
- Modes - Air/Nitrox/Free/Gauge/Watch
- Water resistance 100 metres (328 ft)
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Wireless mobile connectivity to Suunto App
- Up to 3 tank pressure readings with Suunto Tank PODs
- User-updatable software
- Suunto Fused2™ RGBM decompression model
- Tilt compensated 3D digital compass
- 18 languages