The Scubapro MK25 EVO A700 is their flagship regulator that is capable of incredible flow rates, response times by using a high performance balanced piston first stage and balanced second stage with full metal housing and valve.
The MK25 EVO is a cold water approved, balanced piston first stage that delivers unbelievable amounts of gas without even batting an eye lid... if it had them of course. The first stage has two high pressure ports mounted on the main cylindrical body and five high-flow low pressure ports on a swivelling turret. The MK25 EVO isn't environmentally sealed but it is heavily protected against the cold with special coatings over the piston, spring and a number of other components to improve cold water reliability and performance.
The A700 matches the high performance of the first stage with a full metal balanced valve with diver adjustable inhalation controls. The A700 features a metal housing and front cover to improve thermal exchanging between the regulator and the surrounding water, helping to reduce the risks of components freezing under heavy use in extreme conditions. As well as the valve sensitivity adjustment the diver also has control on the venturi effect within the housing with the option of Pre-Dive and Dive modes to either help prevent freeflows during entry or optimal gas flow to the mouthpiece.
MK25 EVO First Stage:
- Air balanced flow-through piston in a chrome-plated brass body provides constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold, increasing freezing resistance 30 percent over the previous MK25 without compromising breathing performance. Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- New spring insulating coating, body insulating bushing, anti-freeze cap, bigger body and cap thread all work in concert with the XTIS to improve cold-water performance.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Five high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret maximize hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 27.9/790; DIN 300 (oz/g): 20.1/572.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >8500/301.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 130-142/9.0-9.8.
A700 Second Stage:
- Rugged full metal case and valve housing (barrel) are able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Metal construction enables the use of a larger diaphragm inside a compact casing, increasing breathing sensitivity.
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and coaxial-flow Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) lever.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight: 9.3oz/265g.
- Airflow at 2900psi: 2000 l/min - 71 SCFM.
- Maximum low pressure: 203psi/14bar.