The Mares XR Stainless Steel Backplate is available in two thicknesses, 3mm and 6mm for varying load capacities and weights, both are laser cut and laser etched from grade 316 stainless steel.
- 8 slots specially designed for optimal positioning of the harness webbing
- 2 upper and 2 lower slots for nylon cylinder bands so a single cylinder can be strapped directly.
- Having only 2 slots provides enough lateral cylinder stability without weakening the strength of the spine
- 2'' wide crotch strap slot
- 3 holes at the top of the plate offer a range of height adjustments for the buoyancy cells and the cylinders. In addition, a corresponding lower center slot allows for lower band bolts that are misaligned
- 4 Upper and lower perimeter holes along either side and 4 holes along the bottom allow for the mounting of accessories and sidemount butt plate
Can be combined with the following to make a full wing setup: