The Mares Abyss 22X is a stripped down, lightweight and compact regulator that delivers high performance and excellent coldwater capabilities thanks to a number of advanced technologies and superior material selection.
The Mares 22X is a balanced diaphragm first stage that incorporates some component designs that are unique to Mares and help to improve the performance of the standard diaphragm design. The 22X features a Tri-Material Valve that uses a mix of materials to create a better performing and more reliable valve as well as their Dynamic Flow Control (DFC) that optimises the flow of air to the second stages and minimises the the intermediate pressure drop that can affect the smoothness of the breathe.
The 22X has been designed to remove all unnecessary weight, leaving on the essential body casing and structural fins in order to reduce the weight of the first stage as much as possible. This has the added benefit of increasing the surface area of the first stage for improved cold water performance and thermal conduction. Four low pressure and two high pressure ports are provided at optimal angles for hose routing.
The Mares Abyss Second stage uses a full metal housing for better thermal properties compared to plastic and incorporates their Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) for improved valve response and gas flow. Air flowing down the bypass tube creates a vortex that helps to draw in the diaphragm and assisting the valve for improve gas flow and response.
The Abyss 22X is fitted with a lightweight braided low pressure hose that provides much better flexibility compared to a traditional rubber hose.
- Balanced diaphragm design first stage
- Stripped down design to reduce weight and size
- Dynamic Flow Control (DFC) for improved performance
- Tri-Material valve for better performance and reliability
- Four low pressure ports
- Two high pressure ports
- Lightweight braided low pressure hose
- Full metal second stage housing for improved coldwater performance
- Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) with bypass tube
- Mesh grid front cover
- First stage weight (g) INT: 803
- First stage weight (g) DIN300: 616
- First stage weight (g) NX: 656
- Second stage weight (g): 269
- Total weight (g) INT: 1230
- Total weight (g) DIN300: 1040
- Total weight (g) NX: 1083