Atomic Split Fins offer a radical new approach to diver propulsion. With the slightest kick the split blade deflects to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag creating lift in the forward direction to propel you ahead.
Compared to conventional fins they swim with less effort, stress and strain resulting in greater sustained speed, power and comfort. Independent testing has shown that this design can significantly reduce air consumption!
Click here to see them in action! See additional images for the fantastic, complete colour range.
Please note that colours Purple and Pink are only available in sizes Small, Medium and Large.
The Splitfin comes as standard with an adjustable rubber strap but a spring strap is available. The Atomic Spring strap is an excellent upgrade option to further improve the comfort, fit and ease of getting the straps on and off.
The Atomic Splitfins have a huge number of advanced features. Refer to the numbered product image when read through the list to understand which component is responsible for what.
- Power Rails - The highly resilient power rails perform as the backbone of the splitfin, storing and releasing energy with every kick. Proprietary and exclusive to Atomic Aquatics, this material will not deteriorate or lose its resiliency.
- Flex Battens - Semi-rigid battens set in the soft elastomeric blade controls the precise wing shape to optimise thrust and reduce drag.
- Split Blade - The split blade deflects with the slightest kick to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, propelling you forward.
- High Surface Ratio Blade - Large surface area blade improves pivoting, turning and alternate kicking styles.
- Hinge Points - Thin yet strong and highly flexible hinge points between the semi-rigid battens cause the blade to react quickly and efficiently to the slightest kick.
- Anatomically Correct Foot Pocket - Contoured to fit your foot without stress points, with semi-open toe for added comfort.
- Power Plate - Internal sole plate creates a rigid platform beneath the foot for greater power transfer to the blade yet allows soft, comfortable foot pocket.
- EZ-LOK Buckle System - Totally new, patented buckle system design features easy, one-handed quick release of the buckle from the fin. Re-attachment is simple and secure.
Still want to know more about the Atomic Splitfin? This page has some more indepth information into how they work
Atomic Splitfin Open Heel Size Guide
This is a guide only so we strongly advise you to check the fit of the fins before using them for the first time.
|Size ||UK ||USA ||EU|
|Small ||5 ||5.5 ||37 - 38|
|Medium ||5.5 - 8 ||6 - 8.5 ||39 - 41|
|Large ||8.5 - 10.5 ||9 - 11 ||42 - 43|
|X-Large ||11 - 12.5 ||11.5 - 13 ||44 - 46|
30 DAY RETURNS
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
For step-by-step instructions click here