- Delivery & Returns
The Apeks MTX-R Sidemount Regulator Set is an extreme cold water regulator and accessory package that includes everything you need to create a sidemount configuration. The MTX-R regulators were development from an Apeks Military regulator to surpass the US Navy extreme cold water test, the requirements for which go way beyond those laid out for normal cold water rating standards.
The first stages use the typical environmentally sealed balanced diaphragm design with a swivelling turret and fifth low pressure port on the end of the turret. The body is finished with a stylish satin chrome coating. Fins have been incorporated into the body design to help dissipate the cold generated by the first stage, helping to reduce the risk of ice formation and cold related freeflows.
The second stage continues the cold water performance with a large inlet heat exchanger and a full metal valve barrel. The second stage is tough and robustly made with a wide exhaust deflector and fitted with the typical Apeks regulator mouthpiece for excellent comfort and hygienic properties
The MTX-R sidemount kit includes:
- 2 ea. DPT DIN 1st stages with 5 port swivel turrets.
- 2 ea. MTX-R second stages.
- 210cm double swivel hose.
- 61cm double swivel hose
- 2 ea. 25cm length MP inflation hoses (one for buoyancy system, one for drysuit)
- 2 ea. TEK pressure gauges with 18cm hoses
- 1 ea. 90 elbow fitting
- 1 ea. bungee necklace
- 1 ea. bungee clip
- 1 ea. stainless steel bolt snap
- 2 sets of short exhaust ports
- Regulator bag
- Setup illustration, CD manual and quick start guide
- NOW INCLUDES THE NEW BUNGEE CONNECTOR SYSTEM
VIDEO CONSULTATIONS NOW AVAILABLE: We're bringing our highly experienced and knowledgeable staff to you with live-streaming consultations. If you need help choosing the right bit of kit or the best size before buying or even advice on whether a purchased item is the right fit for you then book yourself a consultation appointment.
- Over balanced for superior performance.
- Compact environmentally sealed diaphragm system completely eliminating the maintenance issues associated with silicone, oil or grease filling.
- Recommended for frequent use in cold or contaminated water.
- Environmental over-moulded endcap & diaphragm that helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- 5 x 3/8 UNF medium pressure ports & 2 x 7/16 UNF high pressure ports.
- The 5th 3/8 UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 meters cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible
- Simple to use with no dive controls, pre-settable cracking effort or venturi control by an Apeks approved qualified technician.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer bumpers incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability of the demand valve.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the demand valve from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right-hand gas supply.
- Hard wearing, satin chrome.
- All gas contact moulded parts are produced using an active protection additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- Large heat exchanger fitted to help reduce second stage freezing.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is £3.50 for orders under £50 and sent using Royal Mail First Class delivery. You will receive your order 2 - 3 days from the date of dispatch. Order by 2pm on a working weekday, and we will aim to dispatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is £6.99.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we special order them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.