The Suunto D6i Dive Computer with Black Bracelet is a truly stylish computer that also performs like a little miracle worker! It was not such a long time ago when it would have been impossible for a dive computer this small to have so many functions.
Therefore it is not surprising The Suunto D6i Dive Computer has become a favourite amongst diving professionals the world over. Now whilst this speaks for itself in terms of reliability and functionality - the D6i might be a little more than any normal recreational diver might need - unless you want to treat yourself that is!
The main difference between the D6i and the D4i Novo is the tilt-compensated 3D digital compass and the option to switch gases during a dive - which might be handy of you want to accelerate your deco. The only other difference is the steel casing - but obviously this means the actual unit itself would be much harder wearing than the D4i.
The Suunto D6i is also a really lovely dive watch and a lot of our divers wear it as an every day timepiece.
- Steel case and sapphire crystal glass with antireflective coating
- Full continuous decompression algorithm - Suunto RGBM
- Gas-switching between up to three gases
- Five modes: air, nitrox, gauge, free and off
- Innovative apnea timer, and a timer in air/nitrox modes
- Integrated tilt-compensated 3D digital compass
- Updateable firmware
- Optional wireless air integration – current cylinder pressure, remaining air time
- Built-in dive planner
- Detailed graphical logs and dive data on your PC/Mac using Suunto DM5 software
The Suunto D6i comes with the Suunto download cable with which you can download your dives using the Suunto D6i Dive Computer Download Manager Software and then upload them to Suunto's very own 'Movescount' which is very similar to a sort of Facebook for divers and athletes to upload details of all their dives so that they can measure progress or just research new dive sites.
The only other thing you might ever need would be the Suunto Transmitter which means you could transmit your tank data directly from your first stage to your dive computer allowing it to take your breathing rate into consideration when giving you maximum allowable dive time!
- Measurements: 48.5 x 45.6 x 15.9 mm (1.91 x 1.8 x 0.63 ")
- Bezel Material: Stainless steel
- Lens material: Sapphire crystal
- Case material: Steel