- Delivery & Returns
The Spare Air 170 package is a reliable, independently usable emergency air system that was developed to give you life saving breaths during an out of air emergency ascent.
The system is almost neutrally buoyant and can be easily operated hands-free with no hoses, on demand. The bright yellow colouring makes it easy to spot in poor visibility. The Spare Air attaches to your BCD using the included holster and safety leash, keeping it close to hand in case of an emergency.
The cylinder can be filled directly from your main cylinder, allowing it to be topped up and ready to use before every dive.
It is considered by some to be faster and a safer alternate air source in an out of air emergency than buddy breathing or an octopus.
This Spare Air kit has been CE approved. Please be aware that there are copies of Spare Air products available from third party sales platforms that state they are CE marked but have not actually been through the stringent testing procedure and therefore pose a safety risk.
The kit includes:
- Spare Air 170 system
- Safety leash
- Yoke cylinder filling adaptor
We are the UK distributor for Spare Air. If you have any doubt about the authenticity or legitimacy of a product you have seen please contact us and we will investigate for you.
- 1.7 cubic feet of air
- Tank finish in durable Anodised Black.
- Easily refills from your own SCUBA tank with included refill adaptor (patented).
- Easily attaches to your BC with included holster and safety leash.
- Small, hands-free, nearly neutrally buoyant.
- Breathe on demand regulator - No complicated instructions.
- Completely redundant back-up miniature SCUBA system.
- Faster than buddy breathing and easier than an octopus.
- Compact size allows for more versatile mounting options.
- Size preferred by military agencies worldwide.
- Original 1.7 cu ft is the "old faithful" of the SPARE AIR product line. In production since 1979- over 100,000 units in use.
- Maximum capacity: 1.7 cu ft / 48 litres
- Length: 8.75" / 22cm
- Diameter: 2.25" / 5.7cm
- Maximum pressure: 3000psi / 207bar
- Weight (full): 1.51lbs / 0.68kg
- Surface breaths*: 32
- Water volume: 14cu in / 0.23 litres
*Based on 1.5 litres per breath
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50. We are also offering extended returns until Jan the 31st just in case that Xmas present isn't quite right :)
Standard UK delivery and Next Business Day UK delivery rates are calculated at checkout and offers a number of courier options for maximum convenience to you.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method.
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we 'special order' them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.
Stock that shows as 'In Stock' in either location can be shipped for a next day service. If the item is only showing as available 'In Suppliers Warehouse' will only be able to be shipped on a 2-3 days service.
If you would like to collect your items from our Chiswick Store and save yourself the postage costs please simply choose 'Pick up location' at checkout