- Delivery & Returns
The TransPlate harness is designed specifically for hard backplates such as the Dive Rite Stainless Steel or Stainless Steel XT Lite Backplate. It is a hybrid designed to provide the support of a backpack-style harness for better weight-load distribution, yet wish to dive a hard metal backplate.
Designed like a mountaineer's backpack, the TransPlate harness disperses weight across the hips and back, minimising shoulder strain. When used with a 6-pound steel backplate, divers can remove or minimise weight pockets. Adjustable straps adapt to a wide variety of exposure suits and aid in easy donning and doffing.
As the name suggests -The TransPlate transforms quickly and as easily to accommodate everything from single cylinders to doubles with stage and deco bottles.
The Dive Rite TransPlate Harness is designed for use with any XT or EXP wing in the Dive Rite line.
Please note that the Backplate is not included.
- Shoulder pads constructed of 1000 denier ballistic nylon fabric for tear and abrasion resistance. Two-inch (50mm) nylon webbing rated at 7,000 lbs breaking strength forms the shoulder straps and waist strap.
- Four 2-inch D-rings on each shoulder strap are slightly bent for improved access and placement can be adjusted. Note: Size Medium has only one 2-inch D-ring per shoulder strap due to space limitations.
- Marine Grade 316 stainless steel hardware is used throughout including: (2) bent D-rings on each shoulder strap(except MED that has only 1 bent D-ring per shoulder) and (2) waist D-rings, XT chest plates, belt buckle, cam strap buckles, and side plates.
- Shoulder straps feature pivot rings at chest level for comfort, fit, and load distribution.
- Acetyl resin engineered plastic quick-release buckles on shoulders for easy doff and don.
- One-inch nylon webbing rated at 2,200 lbs breaking strength and a Delrin 1-inch quick release buckle are used for a chest strap.
- Marine-grade stainless steel base plates allow for proper placement of shoulder straps. Plates can be moved forward or backwards on the waist strap to get the best fit and performance.
- Med: 2lbs 7oz (1.10kg), Lg:2 lbs 8 oz (1.16kg), XL:2 lbs 9 oz (1.16kg), XXL:3 lbs (1.36kg)
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is £3.50 for orders under £50 and sent using Royal Mail First Class delivery. You will receive your order 2 - 3 days from the date of dispatch. Order by 2pm on a working weekday, and we will aim to dispatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is £6.99.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we special order them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.