The Aqualung Mikron Men's Regulator is a great choice for young adults and travelling divers due to it's reduced size and light weight design. Aqualung used strong yet light composite materials in the construction of the Mikron first and second stage to help keep the overall weight as low as possible.
The Mikron first stage is a fully balanced diaphragm design that delivers consistent high flow rates and performance regardless of cylinder pressure or depth. The first stage features four low pressure and two high pressure ports that allows for a varied hose configuration.
The Mikron second stage valve is pneumatically balanced to continue the performance and high flow rates into the second stage. The valve incorporates a inhalation adjustment knob that allows the diver to fine tune the inhalation resistance required to open the valve. The front cover is one large purge button that also effectively protects the diaphragm from the effects of strong currents.
The two stages are joined by a braided style low pressure hose that offers greater protection against UV damage, higher burst pressures and greater flexibility compared to a standard rubber hose.
- Balanced diaphragm first stage
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing
- The second stage has an adjustment knob that allows the diver to optimise the opening effort. In the “Mini” position, the opening effort is increased, which is ideal for avoiding free flows at the surface. In the “Maxi” position, the inhalation effort is lowered, reducing the work of breathing
- Compact dimensions and low weight blend comfort with a unique diving experience
- A braided hose, weighing less than 5 oz., provides flexibility, comfort and excellent packability
- The first stage is a balanced diaphragm type that sports 2 HP ports (7/16) and 4 LP ports (3/8)
- The balanced diaphragm first stage, by the nature of its design, is environmentally sealed and provides excellent, consistent performance
- The T-shape of the first stage optimises the location of the 4 LP ports and 2 HP ports
- Compatible with EAN 40 new, out of the box
Find out more about the Aqualung pneumatically balanced second stage valve
Learn more about the Aqualung comfo-bite mouthpiece