- Delivery & Returns
The Apeks XTX40 Stage 4 Regulator Set is perfect for any diver that wants outstanding cold water reliability and high performance at a very affordable price. The set includes the DST first stage, an XTX40 second stage, a matching XTX40 octopus and an Apeks Double Console.
The Apeks DST is a high performing, balanced diaphragm first stage that is fitted with an environmental seal to improve cold water reliability by preventing water from coming into contact with the internal components. The DST features two high pressure ports on the main body and four low pressure ports mounted in a swivelling turret. An additional fifth port can be added using an upgrade kit that can be installed by an authorised technician.
The XTX40 delivers excellent performance thanks to a pneumatically balanced full metal barrel valve that uses an inline heat sink to help prevent excessively low temperatures that could lead to a freeflow. The XTX40 is also fitted with a diver adjustable venturi lever to control the flow of air within the housing, providing pre-dive and dive settings.
The XTX40 housing is designed to be switched from right to left handing by a technician, making it ideal for divers that want to move on to twinset or sidemount configurations at a later date. This can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one by our authorised service technicians before shipping, find out more here.
The XTX40 Octopus provides the same high performance and features but is finished with a high visibility yellow front cover, lever and hose.
VIDEO CONSULTATIONS NOW AVAILABLE: We're bringing our highly experienced and knowledgeable staff to you with live-streaming consultations. If you need help choosing the right bit of kit or the best size before buying or even advice on whether a purchased item is the right fit for you then book yourself a consultation appointment.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports on a rotating turret are angled for optimum hose routing.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice build-up and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all moulded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery and Next Business Day UK delivery rates are calculated at checkout and offers a number of courier options for maximum convenience to you.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method.
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we 'special order' them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.