The Apeks Nitrox XTX50 Octopus is suitable for use with up to 100% O2 and are colour-coded for easy identification.
The 2nd stage has a larger purge button which is easier for diver use and also offers a dual flow rate purge for different operations. Apeks has also redesigned the diver adjustable controls with improved ergonomics on the venturi lever and the Cracking Resistance Control.
Every aspect of the new Nitrox XTX50 Octopus has been thought about to bring the whole unit together so that it not only performs exceptionally well but also looks great.
It can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left handed configuration. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorised Service Technician.
Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable.
Suitable for coldwater use (below 10 C / 50 F).
Please check the regulations regarding Nitrox in your particular country as this may differ from Apeks standard policy.
Auxiliary Emergency Breathing Systems and the new European Standard Apeks' XTX regulators are the first in the world to meet this new major Safety Standard.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.