- Delivery & Returns
The Apeks Black Ice BCD is a rugged, weight-integrated, back inflation BC designed with the advanced diver in mind.
It crosses over nicely to many technical, military and public safety applications.
Despite its heavy-duty construction, it provides amazing comfort, fit and stability thanks to its Wrapture Harness System (pat. pend.).
Due to the modular nature of this BC, a custom fit can be achieved through any of the three sizes.
The Black Ice is offered in one colour only, you guessed it, black.
VIDEO CONSULTATIONS NOW AVAILABLE: We're bringing our highly experienced and knowledgeable staff to you with live-streaming consultations. If you need help choosing the right bit of kit or the best size before buying or even advice on whether a purchased item is the right fit for you then book yourself a consultation appointment.
- Wrapture Harness System (pat. pend.) Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin backplate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the BC from riding-up on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your centre of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
- Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders, as well as either side of the waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
- SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and click. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
- Dual channel weight pockets in front, along with non-ditchable weight pockets in back mean that all sizes can hold up to 42 lbs. (19kg)
- The Black Ice can be rigged for twin cylinders using the optional twin cylinder kit.
- There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves are very streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of the Powerline inflator.
- The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the LP inflator hose tucked in securely.
- The air cell has several pass-throughs that allow easy air transfer from left to right.
- A dual bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag.
- The air cell is constructed of rugged 840 denier nylon.
- The adjustable chest strap can be raised or lowered. This not only ensures a good fit but also keeps the strap from running across top of a drysuit valve.
- The left pocket is a fold down design with deep capacity, perfect for an extra mask.
- The right pocket is a large utility pocket secured with a robust zipper.
- Knife attachment points are found on the left pocket flap which will accommodate many of the Aqua Lung Squeeze Lock knives. This location provides easy access to the knife.
- Features five large, angled, stainless steel D-rings for all of your accessories.
- Right shoulder pull dump provides an additional dumping option.
- Rolled neck collar for comfort.
|Size||Height (cm)||Weight (kg)||Waist (cm)|
|S/M||163 - 180||66 - 95||84 - 135|
|ML/L||175 - 235||79 - 107||94 - 145|
|XL/2XL||195 - 275||88 - 125||104 - 155|
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is £3.50 for orders under £50 and sent using Royal Mail First Class delivery. You will receive your order 2 - 3 days from the date of dispatch. Order by 2pm on a working weekday, and we will aim to dispatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is £6.99.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we special order them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.