Technical Details Scubapro MK11 1st Stage
MK11 FIRST STAGE
A balanced diaphragm first stage regulator, the MK11 is similar to the MK17 but without the dry ambient chamber. The perfect choice for the recreational diver who wants the advantage of a diaphragm fisrt stage for use in temperate waters.
The Diaphragm Technology. Diaphragm-based first stages are environmentally sealed so that water cannot enter the inner mechanism. Bearing in mind that regulators generate temperatures as low as minus 30°C due to the incredibly fast moving air and the pressure drop involved, it is imperative that sensitive moving metal parts avoid contact with extremely cold water or debris. Therefore, diaphragm first stages have been the favored choice of cold-water divers and those working in contaminated or muddy water. SCUBAPRO diaphragm first stages feature balanced technology and are packed with patented features resulting in ultra fast flow to the second stage on demand and a fantastic overall performance.
- The balanced diaphragm technology provides consistent performance at all cylinder pressures, at any depth and optimises the second stage performance, thus allowing for effortless breathing.
- Two opposite high pressure ports- The arrangement of high and low pressure hoses is crucial to diving comfort. Two opposite high pressure ports allow for an individual positioning of the first stage (pointing up or down). This allows the diver to position the gauges either on the right or left side and increases the freedom of movement for head and neck.
- Multiple low pressure ports- For ultimate freedom in the arrangement of low pressure hoses, the MK11 features four stationary low pressure ports, two of them HF. High flow ports deliver about 15% more air than conventional ports.
- DIN/INT first stage configurations- To ensure worldwide compatibility, all SCUBAPRO regulator systems are available in a 200bar INT version as well as 300bar DIN versions.
- Externally adjustable intermediate pressure- Allows authorised SCUBAPRO service technicians to quickly fine tune or make adjustments after maintenance without the need to disassemble the first stage.