- Delivery & Returns
The Sealife Sea Dragon 5000F is a super bright light with a near perfect replication of natural daylight from an LED array that delivers 5000 lumen over an even 120° wide beam.
The light offers an unmatched 96 CRI (colour rendering index) with a proprietary COB LED array that replicates natural sunlight (A CRI of 100 would be just like natural sunlight). Most other LED lights offer a much lower CRI, and missing critical colour components necessary to produce natural and colourful still images and footage. The Sea Dragon
5000F also delivers a TLCI (Television Lighting Consistency Index) value of over 97. With 100 being the highest possible TLCI value, this index value is especially important to underwater videographers.
The Sea Dragon 5000F maybe more powerful than it's predecessor but Sealife have actually managed to make it smaller and lighter by 20% than the 4500 lumen model. The 5000F uses a powerful 50W Li-ion rechargeable battery pack that runs the light for 50 minutes at full power. The light also includes a battery charger, three international plug adaptors and a protective travel case.
The Sea Dragon 5000F also offers impressive still image results and can be used as a primary source of light or in combination with a strobe. The 5000F features Auto Flash Detect mode, which cancels the light for one second when a strobe is fired.
The brightness can be adjusted manually or automatically with its built-in photocell light sensor. The Auto Bright mode automatically adjusts from 500 to 5000 lumen based on proximity to the subject, helping to preserve your eye’s natural night vision and extends battery life. The light can also be manually adjusted to 100%, 75%, 50% or 25%
brightness, plus the 220 lumen red mode.
Two integrated 220 lumen red LEDs cast an 88° beam. At night or in caves or shadows, the red LEDs preserve your eyes natural low light function; allowing you to see gauges and your surroundings, at the same time the red LED’s do not frighten creatures like skittish reef fish that disappear from bright underwater LED lights. The red LED’s are powerful enough to assist the camera’s auto focus and will turn off for 1 second when a Strobe/Flash is fired.
The light head includes standard YS adapter, Flex-Connect™ YS adaptor and 1” ball joint adaptor, for easy expansion with any YS, Flex-Connect or 1” ball joint system of arms, grips, trays and mounts.
- Sea Dragon 5000 Auto Light Head
- Standard YS Mount with slot head screw
- 1” ball joint adaptor w/ 3/16” hex screw and hex key
- Flex-Connect YS Adaptor
- 50Wh Li-ion rechargeable battery
- AC Power Adaptor
- Charging tray
- Int’l plug adaptors
- Spare O-rings
- O-ring lubricant
- O-ring removal tool
- Sea Dragon Case
- Powerful 5000 lumen LED light. Latest COB LED array technology
- Constant current circuitry. Light maintains lumens throughout battery life.
- 96 (+/-1) CRI (colour rendering index) that mimics natural sunlight
- 97 (+/-1) TLCI (Television Lighting Consistency Index) that measures colour quality of LED lights.
- Auto Bright mode adjusts from 10% to 100% (500 to 5000 lumens) to preserve your eye’s natural night vision and extends battery life
- Auto Flash Detect mode. Light turns off for 1 second when detecting external flash
- Two red LED’s will not scare off nighttime sea creatures.
- One button control for easy operation. One button to power light on/off and select brightness
- Six brightness modes: 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, Auto mode (auto adjusts from 10% to 100%) and red mode
- Hidden emergency signal mode. 1 sec blink interval and SOS Morse code. Push and hold power button for 4 seconds to activate (from off state)
- 3.3 hours run time at 1250 lumens and constant brightness (50 minute run time at full power)
- Mounts to YS, Flex-Connect™ or 1” Ball joint system of arms, grips, trays and adaptors.
- Quick-release button to detach light and aim in crevices and hard to reach areas (when using with Flex-Connect)
- 120° wide beam angle evenly illuminates the subject with no hot spots.
- Depth tested to 330ft (100m) – Guaranteed
- Corrosion-proof metal light head for heat dispersion and durability
- Removable 50Wh Li-Ion battery w/ charger and international plug adaptors included
- Body material: Anodised machined aluminium
- Light source/ Bulb type: 1 x COB LED array and 2x red LEDs
- Brightness: 5000 lumens (maintains lumens throughout run time at full power)
- Brightness modes: 100% → 75% → 50% → 25% → Auto (10% to 100%) → Red → [repeat]
- Button Control: Long push (1 sec) to power light on/off; Short push cycles through brightness modes
- Light modes: Constant light or hidden emergency signal light (activated by long push of power button)
- Colour temperature: 5600K
- CRI*: 96 Colour Rendering Index
- TLCI**: 97 Television Lighting Consistency Index
- Beam angle: 120° degrees on land (90° underwater)
- Battery: Li-ion 14.8V, 3400 mAh, 50Wh (included)
- Battery charge time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Run time: 3.3 hours at 1250 lumens and constant current. 50 minutes @ full power 5000 lumens.
- 10 Minute reserve power: Light dims to 200 lumens for 10 minutes when battery is near empty.
- Battery status indicator: Green = 100-51% battery charge; Yellow = 50-21%; Red = 20-5%; Red blinking = <5%
- Depth: Tested to 330 ft. (100m)
- Operating temperature: 0°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
- Storage temperature: 14°F to 140°F (-10°C to 60°C)
- Dimensions: 5.2” length x 2.3” diameter ( 13.2cm x 5.8cm) Head only
- Weight: 12.7 ounces (361 grams) Head Only w/o battery; 21oz (595 grams) Head w/battery
- Bulb life: 35.000 hours
- O-ring: Dual silicone O-rings (lube included)
- Buoyancy: Negative
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £30.
Standard UK delivery is from £3.50 for orders under £30 and sent using Royal Mail untracked First Class delivery. Order by 2pm on a working weekday, and we will aim to dispatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is from £6.50.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we special order them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.