- Delivery & Returns
The original Descent MK1 was a fantastic smart dive computer that brought true integration with your smartphone via Bluetooth technology, but the MK2 takes it so much further with a computer that is based on a popular, tried and tested high-performance Garmin multi-sport watch. Obviously, it has been highly modified to suit our needs with a heavy-duty casing, 3-axis compass, new SubWave sonar-based wireless transmitter technology and ABC sensors. The beauty of basing it on an existing fitness/sport watch is that it also packs loads of features for everyday use. No longer do you need a separate dive watch, dive computer and day-to-day watch.
Function wise, the only difference between the MK2 and the MK2i is the option for wireless air integration using the Garmin T1 Transmitter. The MK2i can support up to 5 transmitters at a distance of up to 10m. Unlike most transmitter, which use radio frequency (RF) to transmit the data, Garmin have developed a sonar-based technology. The biggest problem with RF waves is that they don't travel through water very well whereas sonar works best in water which allows for the significant improvement in transmission range.
As with the MK2, the Descent Mk2i comes with ABC sensors, an underwater 3-axis compass as well as surface GPS capabilities to mark your entry and exit points. On land, the Descent Mk2i doubles as a premium multi-sport GPS smartwatch with multi-GNSS support, multiple sports apps, wrist-based heart rate monitoring, a Pulse Ox sensor, advanced training features, Garmin Pay™ payment service, music storage, smart notifications for calls, texts and calendar alerts and much more.
VIDEO CONSULTATIONS NOW AVAILABLE: We're bringing our highly experienced and knowledgeable staff to you with live-streaming consultations. If you need help choosing the right bit of kit or the best size before buying or even advice on whether a purchased item is the right fit for you then book yourself a consultation appointment.
- Advanced, watch-style dive computer with 1.4" colour sunlight-readable display (36% larger than the previous model) in an elegant yet rugged design
- With six dive modes as well as multi-GNSS support and ABC sensors including an underwater compass, know every part of your dive from entry to exit
- Pair with the Descent™ T1 transmitter for integrated pressure monitoring on up to 5 tanks via the SubWave™ sonar data network, and see remaining air time, air consumption rate and more for you and other divers within a 10m range
- Features enhanced wrist-based heart rate and Pulse Ox sensing of blood oxygen saturation to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations
- Includes built-in support for multiple sports apps, activity tracking, advanced training features, Garmin Pay™payment service, music storage with premium streaming service support, smart notifications for calls, texts and calendar alerts and more
- Dive log lets you store and review data from up to 200 dives right on your wrist and share and review dives in the Garmin Dive™ app downloaded to your compatible smartphone
- Battery life: up to 80 hours in dive mode, 16 days in smartwatch mode and 15 hours in GPS mode with music
Read here to view our maintenance tips for dive computers
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50. We are also offering extended returns until Jan the 31st just in case that Xmas present isn't quite right :)
Standard UK delivery and Next Business Day UK delivery rates are calculated at checkout and offers a number of courier options for maximum convenience to you.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method.
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 30 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we 'special order' them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.