- Delivery & Returns
The Aqualung Leg3nd Stage 3 Regulator Set includes the new high performing Leg3nd regulator and a matching Leg3nd Octopus for excellent cold water reliability, smooth breathing and style.
The Leg3nd is a fully balanced regulator system using an over-balanced diaphragm first stage for improved performance as you dive deeper. Cold water performance has been improved by adding extra deep heat exchanging ribs to the diaphragm assembly, the first stage is environmentally sealed to prevent water ingress and the diaphragm is further protected by an overmoulded cap to delay ice formation.
The first stage is fitted with an Auto Closure Device (ACD) that effectively prevents contamination and water from entering the first stage when the regulator isn't pressurised on a cylinder. This helps to keep the filter clean, dry and free-flowing, allows the internal lubrication to do its job for longer without collecting debris and dirt and by keeping the regulator cleaner it is also safer when using elevated oxygen percentages.
The first stage body features four low-pressure ports and two high-pressure ports, offering plenty of flexibility for diving with BCD & drysuit, and fitting an analogue gauge and wireless transmitter for a dive computer.
The second stage has been refined for better breathing comfort with subtle changes to the front cover, heat exchanger and valve to make the second stage inhale even better, perform better in strong currents and provide better cold water performance by transferring the cold generated by the decompressing gas into the surrounding water.
The second stage still features a venturi control with a 'soft touch' grip that controls the flow of air within the second stage, either directing it straight to the mouthpiece for maximum efficiency or forcing it to flow back towards the diaphragm to assist with closing the valve, effectively providing pre-dive and dive modes.
The mouthpiece has been given an easy to operate clamp that eliminates the use of the single-use plastic zip tie and makes mouthpiece changes quick, simple and tool-less. The mouthpiece remains a patented Comfobite mouthpiece that reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
VIDEO CONSULTATIONS NOW AVAILABLE: We're bringing our highly experienced and knowledgeable staff to you with live-streaming consultations. If you need help choosing the right bit of kit or the best size before buying or even advice on whether a purchased item is the right fit for you then book yourself a consultation appointment.
- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernising Aqualung's three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there's no moisture, there's no ice: The LEG3ND's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2)
- The new overmoulded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver's depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density
- Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material Soft Grip surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage especially with cold hands
- Channelled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
- Specialised ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage
- Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports to provide optimal hose routing
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm
- Radial openings to prevent freeflow when diving in stronger currents
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%
- New over-moulded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a soft touch effect
- Over-moulded air purge
- The wide surface area makes regulator purging easier
- Purge depth controller optimises airflow with minimal effort
- Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
- Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
- The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism
- Air channel deflector
- Directs the airflow evenly during the inhalation phase
- Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort
- Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery and Next Business Day UK delivery rates are calculated at checkout and offers a number of courier options for maximum convenience to you.
International shipping rates depend on items, shipment weight and destination. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Estimated delivery times are shown during checkout and reflect your chosen delivery method.
If you change your mind, it doesn’t fit, or you become inflicted with buyer’s regret - that's OK!
Mike's Dive Store offer an extended returns policy of 60 days - so you can be rest assured if the suit, piece of diving equipment or gift doesn't suit then just send it back, and we will either exchange it or offer a full refund less any postage costs. Too easy!
Please note that there are some special order items on our website that will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee, but we will let you know about these items before we 'special order' them so that you are aware of this. If this is the case we can always help with correct sizing so that we minimise the risk of return.
Stock that shows as 'In Stock' in either location can be shipped for a next day service. If the item is only showing as available 'In Suppliers Warehouse' will only be able to be shipped on a 2-3 days service.
If you would like to collect your items from our Chiswick Store and save yourself the postage costs please simply choose 'Pick up location' at checkout